Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Read-In



I like to think my job as a teacher is to build on what you are doing at home with your children. Though I love them deeply, they are I know more dear to you than anything else.

I came across this quote today, and thought it was perfect for this post:

Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.
~ Emilie Buchwald ~

My hope is you still read with your children at home, just like I read with and to them here. My hope is you encourage your child to read at home, just like I encourage them to read here.

And to truly encourage reading, we are having our first 4S read-in on Friday, September 25. We will read together a bit first thing in the morning, but for the rest of the morning, until lunch, the children will work to meet their independent reading goals. Children who have already met those goals will work to exceed them!


Necessary for a cozy read-in morning are:
furniture moved to the sides of the room
a blanket or sleeping bag from home
a pillow
books to read
quiet time

I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for sit and read! I'm looking forward to reading a bunch of books. Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read ALL morning long!!!!!!!
    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good way to spend part of a school day!

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.