Saturday, October 24, 2009

YOUR Mount to Be Read

Yesterday was a teacher work day.  I got a firm handle on all of your report cards, and I got a tiny head start on the second quarter.

Your independent reading goals are all set, I just have to enter them into the computer.  Remember, you have three goals:  your point goal, your accuracy goal (85%), and your book level goal.  To meet all three, you will have to read 40 minutes a day at your level, and aim for 5/5 or 10/10 on every quiz.  We'll have an average of 20 minutes of reading time at school each day, and your homework is 20 minutes of reading EACH NIGHT.


This quarter, I'm also requiring you to read some different genres.  You are required to read one 398 book (fairy tale, folk tale or tall tale), one biography, and two non-biography non-fiction books (or more), all at your level.


But you know what? This won't be hard.  As I left school yesterday, I was walking through the LRC and remembering what I said about IT being your Mount to Be Read.  How exciting to think of all the stories and facts that one mountain holds!


Here's to a reading championship second quarter!  Let's all work to meet ALL our goals!


2 comments:

  1. I have been reading over 2 hours a day since I have been sick. I have been reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of our 4Sers have met the requirements for non-fiction reading already. I'm so proud of how hard our readers are working and stretching themselves to try new things!

    Keep up the GREAT work 4S!

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.