Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Volunteers make 4S work!

What would we do without our parent volunteers?  Today we're going on a field trip to the Elder Day Center and 4S parents, Mr. Bender, Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Oakley, are walking along.  Last week Mrs. Oakley came in and taught a fabulous art lesson.  There are three moms, Mrs. Molenhouse, Mrs. Reid and Mrs. Smith, who are working behind the scenes this week to plan our "winter" party, and there are parents making donations to help make our little party special.


This is a picture of our "Read Naturally" crate.  Each morning a 4S parent, Mrs. Kempiak, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Schneider, Mr. Bender, or Mrs. Reid comes in to work on fluency exercises with kids from 4S and from 4N.  What a difference you are making!


And this lovely basket of books and papers is what I leave out each week for our "copy mom," Mrs. Hall, who comes in to do about 99% of the copying I need to work with the kids every week.

Fourth grade is incredible, I'm so glad to have made the switch, but I am still learning.  So each time a parent asks, "What can I do to help?"  or "When do you need me to be there?" or "What can I send in?" It really holds great value. Perhaps when you speak with me, I am in a rush or distracted, or I sent out scattered quickly composed Emails, and so I don't say this enough--all parents are treasured resources--even if you can't be here during the day.  I am grateful for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.