Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CHESS!!

     At inside recess before winter break, we figured out that a few kids know how to play chess, but they "know" different rules.  So it was decided that those kids who wanted to learn how to play chess could, but to do so they had to make a commitment to learn together because we all wanted to play by the same rules.  Today was our fourth "chess day," and pictured below are the 4Sers who have stuck with some on-line lessons (I'm learning too), and who are learning through play.

    A bonus for me, my husband loves chess.  I didn't know this because he hasn't played for years.  We play together, he tutors me and I teach him the rules we've learned at lunch in 4S!

6 comments:

  1. Ms.stewart i like the pictures on the blog about chess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi miss stewart i showed my cousin the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany,

    You rock!

    Thanks for sharing our classroom blog with your cousins. I like the idea that they can check up on us. :)

    It's also very cool that you have figured out how to send comments.

    See you Tuesday,
    Miss Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily loved learning chess. Thanks for teaching her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all still learning, and I am delighted that the kids are sticking with it! It's complicated...but great fun!

    Miss Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very very fun doing chess!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.