Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just a good day!

     This week is the last of the quarter, and many 4Sers have met all their reading goals.  We've finished our last writing piece of the quarter, and we're working on social studies--studying the southeast region of the U.S.A.  In math, all students are getting ready or already working on the chapter six test.  I (Miss Stewart) am working with individual students on reading assessments.  In other words, we're getting a lot done!  However, none of that makes for very interesting photos.
     So instead I thought I'd pick three little special things from our day to share with you.

     First of all, Lego!  I've been shopping around for another bucket of Lego (every store I've visited has been sold out) for use during inside recess.  My friend Brenda and her kids G and J knew of this, so they donated some bricks for our class Lego supply.  Thank you to the "P." family for their generosity.

     This poster was delivered to us (rolled and tied with a Colts blue ribbon) from our friends at the Elder Day Center.  Quite a thank you for the gifts we presented them with in December.  It was so kind of them to create this for us.

 
     While I did some one-on-one assessing, the rest of the class quietly worked on these symmetry mittens.  Aren't they gorgeous?  They've added such warmth and color to our room.  We wanted you to see them.

     Have I mentioned lately, I LOVE fourth grade?!

5 comments:

  1. Dear ms.Stewart I like the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three things.

    1.) That thank you poster is awesome!
    2.) I love the mittens that were made. They turned out well! And to me, it looks like all the thumbs are in the right places ; )
    3.) You were right, this did make me smile!

    <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Stewart,

    Thank you for all of your hard work! I'm especially appreciative for all you did to bring more Legos into the classroom!

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Schneider

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I not seek out more Lego for this sweet class full of creative kids? It makes the gray days of winter more colorful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mittens was a very good idea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.