Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowflake Craft

I gave this craft a try, and my snowflakes turned out quite pretty (photos to come).  However, I determined it would be too hard for us to do as a class.  It IS a good art activity for, perhaps, one mom to two children.  So I thought I'd share the link to connect to where I found it in case you'd like to give it a try!


I made my first flake with a half inch fan fold, but that was very hard to fold and then cut. The paper was so thick.


So then I tried a one inch fan fold, and it worked really well.  For someone who is NOT crafty, I was proud of my simply delicate paper snowflakes! 


The hole punch is a neat technique, but I found when I clustered my holes, they looked more like crystals than one hole did.  (This one is my favorite!)

If you make some, email me a picture or bring them in!  Perhaps we can make some spring flowers the same way.  With the way this year is flying by, it will be spring before we know it...

Happy Winter!

11 comments:

  1. By the way, as a tease, we're going to make banana snowmen in February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I wonder what those are????

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ms.Stewart,
    I really wanted to try making the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Stewart,

    Me and Jordyn are trying to make the snowflakes!! so far so good!!!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ms. stewart I almost done with the snowflake brittany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to go read by

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome, and crafty : )

    I think I'm going to try and make them sometime soon, but mine won't be as good as yours!

    And I'm curious, what are banana snowmen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey mrs,Stewart nothing new YET

    ReplyDelete
  9. mrs.stewart I really want that oreo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi mrs. Stewart i looked at the blog nothing new Yet

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.