Thursday, April 29, 2010

Feed My Starving Children

We're getting ready for  next Friday's (May 7th) trip to FMSC!

 Basic info for 4Sers:
  • The most important thing, BE ON TIME that day.  We are leaving at 9:00, and so if you're late for school, you will miss the bus for the trip.  We cannot wait!
  • You must wear closed toe shoes (sneakers are best).
  • Realize they will have you wash your hands before you pack food.
  • Everyone will wear a hairnet 
      The organization always needs financial donations, so consider giving a gift of money. We'll be packing food, but money is needed to buy the ingredients and ship the food.  All monetary gifts are tax deductible.

     Also, they have a wish list of items. Consider bringing:
  • Post-it notes
  • printing paper
  • simple pony-tail holders (new)
  • paper towels
  • toilet paper
  • plastic trash bags
  • AA batteries

You will be allowed to buy a T-shirt, but only if your parents have given you the exact amount in a check or in cash.  If your parent meets us there, allow him or her to purchase your shirt.
Here are the prices:

  • Short-sleeved t-shirts: $15 (50 meals)
  • Long-sleeved t-shirts: $20 (60 meals)
  • Hoodies (S-XL): $40 (110 meals)
Yes, they sell M and M's there, I think they cost one dollar and they are fun to buy, but if the wait is long, think about just donating your dollar to the charity instead of buying M and M's! 

Visit:  www.fmsc.org for more information!

21 comments:

  1. Don't forget to post a comment so I know you were here!

    Miss Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like fun

    Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be really fun!


    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi it sounds like fun
    brittany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to go!!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you guys are going to like Feed My Starving Chidren




    Charles ,Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The field trip sounds like a lot of fun. Or as I like to say a TON of fun.



    Michael 6

    ReplyDelete
  10. my cosin wants to know if she can come. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had my bithday praty there last year! I loved it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a lot of fun!

    cristian 21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily, we're all set for volunteers. Sorry!

    Maybe you and your cousin should pick another day to go.

    To the rest of you, are you sharing this post with your parents?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must be fun.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to a birthday party there and it was a lot of fun.

    I can't wait.



    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Stewart, I am very excited for this trip. Thank you from Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait till our feild trip on the 7th.



    from Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really excited about this field trip

    Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  19. it sounds like a lot of fun

    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  20. are we still going? Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.