Saturday, February 26, 2011

Books and Why I Love Reading...the short version

     During Friday's institute day, I attending two sessions.  One was a technology session and the other was a book talk.  I learned a few things about computer "stuff" and a lot about books.  Funny thing, I was heading to the library after the meetings to pick up some books I had on hold. 
     So, I looked for some of the books I learned about during the book talks.  Since I already had five books on hold, I only grabbed one extra book, one from the talk.  It's title is Extra Credit.  I read it today, and the feelings I had after finishing it ran so deep, I had to write about it.  Have you ever read a book like that?  A book that makes you feel things as well as learn things and think about things?  I hope so.
     I think I have found our next read aloud.  I know you won't feel and think all the same things I did when we read this book, but I think you'll like it.  Let's find out, okay?

6 comments:

  1. I have had a book like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Andrew Clements books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should try to read that book. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extra Credit, is one of the " Nutmeg " books here. Nutmeg is a nut in Connecticut I think, but I am not too sure. We have a lot of books that we can read and then in 2012 we vote for which one is the best. This year I came in just in time to vote. I voted for The Lemonade War, and that book won! I had to vote for that book because the other books on the list were one's I have not read. There are also some scary books I am looking forward to. Right now I am reading Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets for the 3rd time. Did any of you watch the Oscars? Glad to be commuicating in some way to you. I sent in my penpal letter, and I hope she will enjoy hearing about the 85 inches of snow we have here. I'm 85 inches tall! Enjoy your werk and good luck on the ISAT'S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I did not mean to say " werk " I was meaning to say, week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew Clements books are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Dear 4S students and families,

I'd love for you to comment here, and please sign your name. Be kind, and remember, anyone visiting this blog can read what you have shared. So, if you have a private concern, you would be best off calling me or emailing me.